I explored the Rollyo site and checked out other people's searchrolls. I created my own experimental searchroll, consisting of several sites that could assist in locating people. I successfully added a Rollyo bookmarklet to my bookmark bar.
And then I lost it. First, clicking on my searchroll produced additional websites besides those I had entered. They could be considered related, but were not at all what I wanted in there. As I was trying to figure out why, I managed to get to the point where clicking on my searchroll on the Rollyo homepage produced no results, though the searchroll still existed intact on my profile and I could still edit it. Then, I tried to at least put the link to my Rollyo profile on this blog, but must have pasted incorrect html code, because this whole entry was erased and replaced with only a link to the Rollyo site.
At this point, I decided to move on to the next Thing. Time is growing short, and I've now spent a lot of it on Rollyo. But I will be back. The concept of a search engine of subject-focused or frequently-visited sites seems useful, and I think I might try to create one for legal or e-gov sites which I usually access from Favorites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment