Well, I've reached the end of the 23 Things journey, but really feel like it is just the beginning. And therein lies the difficulty with negotiating the Web 2.0. While some of us were more or less struggling in the past year to complete the 23 Things, the rest of the digital world was continuing to zoom past us. I empathize with the Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland, since I'm doing all the running I can just to stay in one place.
All in all, this was a great training. It was fun, and made things that were previously mysterious seem accessible. We just skimmed the surface of many new "things," but it was clear that social networking tools are designed for ease of use by technical laypeople (especially if they have nothing else to do). I liked the self-paced approach--but always need that deadline!
There's so much more to explore, like Twitter. I would like to see this as a permanent, ongoing training format for all to participate in annually. Maybe fewer things, like 12--but we could maintain our blogs, and at least make an attempt to stay current with newer tools or take time to delve deeper into various sites.
Just knowing the possiblities that are out there is helpful--we'll have a better idea of where to turn as the needs arise. Although, except for some biggies like Facebook or something that captures our personal interest, I do wonder how many different accounts we can maintain and remember to monitor and develop. It would be interesting to do a follow-up to this training to see what participants ultimately found to be enriching and useful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment