Sunday, May 23, 2010

#11: LibraryThing

I already have a LibraryThing account, created following an MCPL training--was it a post assignment? I remember being intrigued by it, and enthusiastically cataloging my first 15 titles. Well, according to my account that was in April 2008, and I rarely recall ever getting back to it. I was pleased to find the account had not been de-activated for lack of use. But the page looked completely different, and apparently while I was away other people have been very busy on the site--the number of links, statistics ("members with your books"), messages (all unread!), reviews, forums, etc., was just astonishing. It's good to see that LibraryThing is thriving--I remember wondering whether it would last--and refreshing to see that interest in books remains so robust. I still find LibraryThing very tantalizing and potentially useful, especially for organizing and remembering books I've read and reading reviews. I also like the enhanced links to local events and the "book community" social aspect. This is definitely something I will explore some more--and not take two years to do it, this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment