First thing I discover on opening Technorati is that, according to the BBC, visiting porn sites carries a higher risk for computer viruses and spam than other types of sites. This is useful information. "Safe browsing" software is recommended.
To my disappointment, Technorati's Popular section was "currently unavailable." I was hoping to discover what everyone else is reading. But I'd say, from looking at the lists of the top "risers" and "fallers," that humor is trumping politics lately. I notice "libraries" is not among the Popular tags used on Technorati.com over the last month.
The Technorati site in general is a little cluttered and confusing. It's hard to distinguish the ads from the content, and I'm not sure what I'm clicking on all the time.
I checked out health blogs, since this is a subject area where I think blogs can fill a useful niche as a source of personal experiences. I randomly searched on "lupus," but found nothing on the topic beyond many blog entries about Lady GaGa's potential, borderline diagnosis of lupus. This is news I hadn't heard anywhere before. I'm sold on Technorati. But now I'm too upset to continue...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment